For large organisations, delivering proven and sustained energy savings across a high volume of sites can represent a significant challenge. EEVS helps organisations to performance manage these schemes and the suppliers that deliver them.
What we do
EEVS is a key delivery partner for organisations looking to drive energy savings systemically across whole estates. Working as a trusted and independent advisor, we provide the technical expertise and structured programme management support needed to:
- Confidently outsource large-scale energy saving programmes to your suppliers
- Structure robust and performance-focused deals
- Actively manage supplier energy saving performance over time
- Successfully drive value for money and make supplier payments by results
Our innovative performance assurance model has been fully adopted by Lloyds Banking Group and Vodafone and has proved essential to building confidence in the energy saving performance of significant schemes that operate across large and complex estates.
Why seek performance assurance?
The technical complexity associated with energy saving performance measurement means that independent verification of supplier claims is established good practice (see IPMVP for more details).
This, combined with the additional challenge of delivering efficiency schemes not just at one or two key sites, but systemically across whole estates means that a well-structured approach to performance measurement and programme management is essential.
For such schemes, key management challenges can include:
- Maintaining control – schemes covering a high volume of sites will call for robust supplier management and safeguarding processes
- Financial risks – suppliers should not be left to determine their own financial and operational performance unchecked and unchallenged
- Contract values – with significant commercial interests at stake, impartial and objective oversight can be key
- Technical know-how – reliable performance analytics and real-world experience is essential to avoiding costly mistakes. EEVS are established experts in this field.
Benefits of assured savings
Through an innovative mix of robust programme management, performance analytics and external auditing, EEVS sole focus is on delivering these key outcomes for our clients:
- Credible Savings – trust and confidence in supplier performance is the cornerstone of any successful, long-term partnership
- Managed Risk – setting the right control mechanisms to protect against under-performance and ensure suppliers are held to account (‘trust but verify’).
- Performance Focus – building a evidence-based and results-driven ethos into your supplier arrangements.
- Good Governance – with significant commercial interests at stake good governance is essential; suppliers should not determine their own performance unchecked and unchallenged.
- Leadership – ensuring you are well-equipped to drive performance improvements and added-value from your suppliers.
- Confident communications – externally audited and verified results are easier to communicate to your key stakeholders
- ISO50001 – evidencing a ‘plan-do-check-act’ ethos and a commitment to demonstrable energy improvements
EEVS Performance Assurance Model
To deliver the above client benefits, EEVS has innovated a set of systems and processes to form our performance assurance model. We tailor the approch to individual customer need across 3 main phases of work:
- Step 1: Scheme Set up – expert advice and support to ensure robust performance-focused terms are included in the contract agreement and related reference documentation.
- Step 2: Mobilisation – post-contract signing, an interim period to plan for successful deployment. Here EEVS works on key technical aspects e.g. an IPMVP adherent M&V Plan Performance Measurement & Verification Plan and Baseline Models Site level counter-factual models for gas and electricty; used to determine what energy consumption would have been in a ‘do nothing’ (i.e. no investment) scenario
- Step 3: Delivery & Performance Verification – EEVS undertakes a full performance management, external auditing, analysis and verification role. We also include for all-party governance meetings and sign off processes to ‘lock in’ EEVS-assured saving figures.
To learn more about EEVS services and how we’ve delivered them for a range of public and private sector clients, please see our case study examples:
If you would like to know more about our assurance services for estate-wide schemes, please complete this form and we’ll get back to you.