Performance Measurement & Verification (M&V)
Evidencing Energy Savings
A two day course for professionals who want to understand and apply the principles of good practice M&V, in particular their role in the successful governance and management of energy efficiency projects and performance contracts.
Measurement & Verification (M&V) provides a structure to evidence the savings delivered by energy efficiency projects and is an essential skill for today’s energy efficiency professionals.
Our two day course is suitable for energy and sustainability managers, consultants, estates and facilities managers who wish to expand their understanding of M&V principles, in particular the application of the IPMVP technical protocol.
The course focuses on the practical implementation of M&V for proving the impact of energy efficiency projects, showing how to separate the effect of a project from other drivers of energy use.
Need to know:
Upcoming Dates: 8th & 9th June 2021
Location: London or remote (via Zoom or Teams)
Cost: £495+VAT per person
Lunch & refreshments provided at in-person courses
For more information or to book your place, complete the form below and we’ll get back to you.
What will I learn?
As well as an introduction to the general principles of M&V, the course aims to provide participants with an understanding of the outputs associated with the process, for example, the expected contents of M&V Plans. The course achieves this through worked examples and practical exercises, as relevant to the type of projects attendees are likely to experience and covers the following:
- How to provide robust, convincing evidence of performance
- Identifying common M&V issues and rookie mistakes, and how to overcome them
- How to select the right M&V method for your project
- To understand and evaluate M&V plans provided by technology vendors, ESCOs etc. to ensure they are fair
- How to assign accountability across the project team and set up effective project governance from the outset
By the end of the course…
You’ll have a good understanding of:
- The principles of M&V and how they are applied to energy efficiency projects
- The different methods under IPMVP, the risks and benefits associated with each one
- How to develop an M&V Plan
- The role of uncertainty in measuring energy savings
If you would like to book a place on this course – or want to find out more – please complete this contact form and we’ll get back to you with further details.